Monday, April 28, 2008

April 28 - Meeting

Voices drone on incessantly.
..........Sweating in my jacket like a piece of melting ice cube
..........I wondered how the others could tolerate the heat.
Some words caught my attention,
and I started to write profusely like a kite riding the wind.
..........I missed a word or two, but I can make them up later.

A voice, arrogant, asked “What is the product?”
He attacked her like a wolf hungry for blood
“What are we re-branding?”
“You have the AIDA. Where are the 4Ps?”

..........I drew my pen across my note book to record the 4Ps and the AIDA
..........and peeped up from my bent head at the poor girl,
..........as silent as the calm before the storm.

She tried to explain her plan but it came out like a repeated stand.
He didn’t buy it but instead bit until she bled.
The others could not help to calm the predator
until the white knight, slightly tanned,
unable to bear seeing the lamb being slaughtered,
came to her aid with some wise words.

..........I thought he was handsome, both the way he looked
..........and the way he came to the rescue, oozing charm and sexuality.
..........as he tried to zip the wolf’s mouth.
..........I tried to keep up with what he was saying, for the record.
..........I bet he’s married.

The kill was successfully halted and voices drone on again.
They checked on stocks and how they kept the upward trends.
Perhaps, they could emulate --
and White Knight advised on efforts and financial results.

Finally, the projector was shut down and the laptop closed.
They got up to thank each other.
White Knight came over to shake my hands.
..........His handshake was firm, warm and strong
..........like a fantasy in a dull meeting.

Then, he left.

No comments: